Not the news I was hoping for, but it could have been much worse: Fuqua has placed me on waitlist! I received an e-mail yesterday, around 20h (Spanish time) telling me to log in to the online application. It was then when I read the decision of the Admissions Office.
After been anxious all day long, checking my e-mail constantly, this was not the news I was waiting for. However, I still have chances of getting into Fuqua next fall, and I must keep working to change the Admission’s decision about me.
The first question that came up to my mind, after talking with some members of the team Fuqua, was: what should I do now? I’ve done some research and read through the FAQs provided by Fuqua, and they state: “during the coming months you may submit additional information that you feel will be helpful to the Committee in consideration of your file. Brevity and relevance are important when determining what to submit to the Admissions Committee. It is not necessary to duplicate information already covered in your application. All information must be via e-mail to ensure that it will be placed in your file. Examples may include:
- Information on recent professional or community accomplishments.
- An additional recommendation.
- Transcripts for recently completed coursework.
- A copy of a new test score (Please note: official score must also come from Pearson Vue/ETS).
- Any changes in contact information (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address).”
I’m thinking what my following moves should be. I will post again as soon as I have a clearer decision. What is certain is that this is not over yet.