- Early Action – September 19, 2012.
- Round1 – October 24, 2012.
- Round 2 – January 4, 2013.
- Round 3 – March 21, 2013.
Prospective students must complete three short answers and two essay questions:
- Short Answer 1 – What are your short-term goals, post-MBA? (250 characters)
- Short Answer 2 – What are your long-term goals? (250 characters)
- Short Answer 3 – Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered? (250 characters)
- Essay 1 – The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you—beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU. (2 pages limit)
- Essay 2 – When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you. (2 pages limit)
- Optional Essay – If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, or any significant weakness in your application). (2 pages limit)
- Re-applicant Essay – Describe how you are now a stronger candidate for admission compared to the application you submitted last year. (2 pages limit)
This information has been published in Fuqua’s website.
Good luck to all of you applying to Fuqua!!