The initial shock and long hours of exultancy gave way to reflexions and preparations. Right when you get the admission notification, you get the first to-do list:
- Register to the Language Institute – is an introductory course for non-native English speakers that takes place from July 8-19.
- Make the non-refundable tuition deposit.
- Send official transcripts to the school.
- Return the confirmation card accepting the admission offer.
- Begin networking with my future classmates – I have already joined the Facebook group for the Fuqua class of 2015!
- Visit the Incoming Student Website (ISW) – special web page for admitted students with lots of useful information.
- Start completing visa paperwork.
After I could think straight again, I realized that my admission was real, and that I had to get to work as soon as possible, my confirmation card and transcripts should be in The Office of Admission by November 28! I have been doing a lot of reading about Fuqua, what to expect over the first months and how to prepare myself for the MBA kick-off.
And thanks to the Fuqua Buddy Program, a program that connects current MBA students at Fuqua with admitted students, I have met my buddy, an ex-Accenture who is into entrepreneurship and consulting as I am. I have already scheduled a Skype conversation with him to be able to ask him all the questions that are pilling in my to-do/to-ask list (I have already downloaded a couple of apps for my iPhone…).
Finally, today I received my admission packet! I was really exited when I got the envelope.