- Early Action – September 18, 2013.
- Round1 – October 21, 2013.
- Round 2 – January 6, 2014.
- Round 3 – March 20, 2014.
Prospective students must complete three short answers and two essay questions:
- Short Answer 1 – What are your short-term goals, post-MBA? (250 characters)
- Short Answer 2 – What are your long-term goals? (250 characters)
- Short Answer 3 – Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered? (250 characters)
- Essay 1 – The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you–beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU. (2 pages limit)
- Essay 2 – When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you. (2 pages limit)
- Optional Essay – If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay. (2 pages limit)
- Re-applicant Essay – It is not uncommon for it to take more than one try to achieve a goal. Please share with us the self-reflection process that you underwent after last year’s application and how you have grown as a result. How did it shape your commitment to Fuqua and inspire your decision to reapply? (2 pages limit)
Overall, the short questions and essays are exactly the same as last year’s, except for the re-applicant essay, which has changed slightly. Feel free to drop me an email in case you have any questions about the application process: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information has been published in Fuqua’s website.